Hebrew Language Academy Charter School, a dual language public elementary school in Brooklyn is seeking full time Hebrew language teachers for Grades K and 2 to start immediately. HLA’s mission is to provide a nurturing yet rigorous early childhood dual language program committed to fostering academic excellence and a high degree of Hebrew language proficiency.
- Minimum of three-years working in an elementary or secondary environment as a teacher or in other relevant educational positions.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Education.
- NYC certifications or willingness to work toward NYS certifications.
- Work visas for work in the US.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Middle School Content-Area Teachers
HLA Middle School Content Area Teachers (English, Social Studies, Science, Math, Hebrew, Music, Art, Gym/Health, Spanish, Technology) are responsible for ensuring that all students in their subject classes are achieving at high levels academically. All content area teachers (except Hebrew teachers) report to the Director of Middle School General Studies Curriculum and Instruction. Hebrew teachers report to the Director of Language Curriculum and Instruction.
- Develop effective, standards-aligned lessons that support student learning and achievement of school academic objectives and benchmarks and of CCSS and NYS state learning standards.
- Plan purposefully to provide students with opportunities for constructing meaning and developing understandings of new concepts.
- Utilize developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and instructional materials and present students with new ideas and concepts through a variety of strategies that inspire and guide them to explore, express and uncover new ideas.
- Administer, collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments on each student.
- Reflect regularly on data from student assessments alone and with colleagues, administration, or students’ families in order to inform his or her work, modify practices and increase student achievement.
- Collaborate with other content area teachers, special education and ELL teachers and other colleagues in designing and teaching integrated lessons that improve student achievement.
- Collaborate with special education teachers to execute IEPs for students with special needs in order to ensure they achieve academically at high levels, and are fully included in the HLA middle school community.
- Build relationships with families of HLA students through frequent communication about students’ progress and ways that families can support their children’s learning.
- Create a classroom community that maintains the school’s high academic and social expectations for students.
- Actively work to improve his or her own practice, to acquire and enhance the skills and knowledge necessary for excellent instruction and to generally increase his or her effectiveness in the classroom and in the school community.
- Fulfillment of all NCLB “highly qualified” and New York State certification requirements Minimum of two-years teaching in a middle school as a teacher or in other relevant educational positions (e.g. Teach for America corps members), preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher degree, in content area or Education.
- Demonstrated and successful record of prior employment in diverse educational environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with assessments and relevant technologies.
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, parents and families.
- Bilingual (including English/Russian, English/Chinese, English/Spanish, English/Hebrew) helpful
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org